Plumbing Technology Program Objectives
A graduate of this program should be able to:
- Apply safety principles and demonstrate good work habits in the trade.
- Use the hand and power tools of the trade.
- Identify piping materials and install them using proper connections.
- Use and apply trade terms and technical data.
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, and codes as they apply to the trade.
- Lay out, estimate, calculate, and use mathematical skills as required in the trade.
- Install, maintain, and repair plumbing, heating, and mechanical systems and equipment.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field.
- Demonstrate the ability to write letters of application, memos, work orders, reports, and apply communication skills in the world of work.