Construction Electrician Technology Program Objectives
A graduate of this program should be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate technical skills in the electrical construction field.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, develop and troubleshoot residential,commercial
and industrial circuitry
- Complete parts list and order forms that demonstrate knowledge of coding and numbering systems for devices, hardware and electrical equipment.
- Interpret, develop and utilize blueprints, schematic diagrams and wiring plans to perform electrical construction activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply OSHA accepted safety standards as appropriate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of National Electrical Codes that apply to specific occupancies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of test equipment used in troubleshooting and repair of circuits, distribution systems and electrical equipment.